Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ramblings:

Once again, my bosses aren’t around, at least in the morning. I guess it’s time for me to write something again. You know what? Last night I did a little video blog about how I feel about my work and some rambling about masters pursuing.

On masters, I feel like I kind of contradicted myself, I said earlier that I don’t like public finance because 1) of the word finance and 2) I don’t like talking about taxation because it is taxing. I am kind of torn between industrial organization and health economics because they are both equally interesting. The thing is, during college, I got the chance to study a little bit of industrial organization by way of managerial economics. The approach wasn’t as mathematical as was presented to eco majors, but the concepts are pretty much similar.

The reason I liked Health economics is because it studies the demand for health and health care, which is very relevant to society today. Everyone wants to avail of some form of health medication or anything that can perpetuate their lives by way of health products. It seems simplistic enough but you have to admit, it is pragmatic. A lot of us want to avail of insurance so to be able to sustain themselves in the future, long after our prime years and into the twilight stage of our lives. Health economics, based from what I’ve read deals with that, although it isn’t just limited to insurance and its subfields. The said field involves some microeconomics concepts like asymmetric information, theory of consumer behavior and so on and so forth. I did a little research on some Australian university offering the same course and I found out that part of its curriculum is that it tackles hospital cost analysis and so on. It now sparked my interest.

My worry is, which one should I write in the personal statement as the field I’d like to pursue? Both are interesting, although health economics is newer to me than industrial organization.

Enough about that. When I woke up this morning, my body kind of aches, probably because of the exercises I’ve done since Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday I took a rest because my booty and legs hurt a bit, now my whole body hurts, hopefully tonight the ache subsides, because I so want to go back exercising. I have to shed off those chocolate raisins out of my body. I’m kind of torn between focusing on my thighs or abs; with my thighs, I slim down on my waist, way too much. I say way too much because the clothes that didn’t fit me before…doesn’t fit me anymore…because it’s too big for me now. In a way I’m happy but it troubles me a little bit because I have to buy new clothes then, and I don’t like spending so much for clothes. Actually, I don’t want to spend on other things except for my bills, travel fares and my arcade obsessions. Occasionally, I spend for my contact lens, every 2 months because they’re disposable. For the abs, I’m not sure if my tummy shrinks but I do know the fats become muscles and they become abs. It’s kind of unflattering to me because it doesn’t flatten out, it shrinks but it isn’t flat, and I don’t like that.

I keep telling I want a Marc Jacobs polo or a Dolce Gabbana sunglasses but in reality, I’m just too stingy, not to mention I’m rushing my savings so by the time it reaches 100K, I am ditching my workplace, fast.

Speaking of contact lens, I just ordered a new one. I make it a point to order every 2 months, even if the life of the contacts I’m using is 3 months. My eyes irritate once 2 months of wearing contacts and that’s not cool. So this time, I kept asking if there’s a peppermint colored contact lens, it’s green in color, I just love green. Green eyes are so fierce. Unfortunately they don’t have it yet so I got to choose other colors. I ended up with aquamarine, which is a rich azure color. It’s so obvious that when I look at the mirror NOT up close I still see blue.

It’s nice anyways, I’m thinking of models with blue eyes: Claudia Schiffer, Angela Lindvall, Natalia Vodianova, Gisele Bundchen, Raquel Zimmerman and a whole lot more. The person that I thought could rock blue eyes was Vanessa Williams; she is African-American but her eyes are blue. Strange, but it’s beautiful.

I’m feeling sick right now, physically, my body aches and I feel like I have a fever, I think I need to rest but my bosses will come in the afternoon, so that means…rest is 7pm onwards. I’m not sure if I can exercise tonight, but hopefully I can.

No comments: